Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Late Night Noise -- February 14, 2022 (Shoegaze Special for Valentines Day)


Late Night Noise has been delayed for a few weeks. The night of Monday Feb 21 fell on alumni weekend, and we were out of the state on Feb 28. We'll be back throughout March with a series of shows focusing on vinyl and tape collections. Come join us!

Our most recent show on Feb 14 was an all-shoegaze special -- a sequel of sorts to our Valentines special from February 14, 2011 when we played a countdown of 33 shoegaze classics. We've been told shoegaze sounds appropriate for Valentines Day for a number of reasons. Apparnetly it makes people want to bone. Plus, a handful of killer shoegaze jams were released over the past 11 years, and we felt like our shoegaze canon could use an update.

My Bloody Valentine "Don't Ask Why"
My Bloody Valentine "Cigarette In Your Bed"
Lift to Experience "Just As Was Told"
Moff "Flashback 0217"
Five Pebbles "We Know the Devil"
Swervedriver "Son of Mustang Ford"
Adorable "Sunshine Smile"

My Bloody Valentine "I Believe"
My Bloody Valentine "Thorn"
Swirlies "Park the Car By the Side of the Road"
Soda Stereo "Ameba"
Parannoul "Youth Rebellion"

My Bloody Valentine "Loomer"
My Bloody Valentine "Feed Me With Your Kiss"
Ride "Charm Assault"
Ringo Deathstarr "Slack"
Blur "Sing"
Catherine Wheel "Black Metallic"
Lush "De-Luxe"
Lift to Experience "Falling from Cloud 9"
Swirlies "Pancake"

My Bloody Valentine "Cupid Come"
My Bloody Valentine "Is This and Yes"
Swervedriver "Good Times Are so Hard to Follow"
Ringo Deathstarr "So High"
Ringo Deathstarr "Drain"
Teenage Fanclub "Everything Flows"

No comments:

Post a Comment