Tuesday, September 17, 2019

2013 Mixtape Revisited

I've been slowly going through many of the older shows and posting them on the LateNightNoise Mixcloud account.

At the time, I called 12/23/13 my "last show" due to Speedy Ortiz's heavy schedule between Jan 2014 and Nov 2015. (I still didn't return to WXCI in a more frequent capacity until May 2017.) It was not my last show, but it marks the end of an era for me personally. So I tried to make a big party out of it. Ovlov and Palehound played sets, and I played drums on a few songs with Speedy Ortiz as a 3-piece. Lots of friends showed up! So a lot of the show sounds like a big incoherent clusterfuck, but it was some of the most fun I ever had on the radio.

Part 1 has most of songs #60 through 31.
Part 3 starts at song #25 and includes the Speedy Ortiz and Palehound sets.

Part 2 is missing! This includes the "Full House Cash Cab" segment (the only game show I ever did on the air), the Ovlov set, Kristen's banjo solo, and songs #30 through 26. This will all get posted as soon as I find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment